Pages

Friday 27 December 2013

Jollities

I was badly remiss this year in showing our pre-Christmas shenanigins. On January 1st I'll have been writing this blog for a whole five years so there are quite a few Christmases to look back over to be sure. 

This Christmas has been the calmest ever, all preparations were chilled and we just had the best relaxing, fizz fuelled fun time. I hope you all had just as lovely a Christmas too.


We decorated the tree and house the moment the girls broke up from school on the 13th. Bing Crosby sang his heart out while we rustled through boxes oohhing and aaahing at old loved decorations.


The week before christmas we met up with friends for cinema trips, lunch and walks in the woods. We made sure mid-week there was cosy time for stitching and just being. Little Bun planned a hoop hanging for Grandma. In art they are tackling embroidery at the moment. I made a sampler with her to help her choose her stitches and she loves it. Seems satin stitch is her favourite at the moment. I added French knots for snow later on as being left handed they were a bit tricky.


Miss Rosey chose christmas puds to hang on the tree and I made one as a brooch. Then inspired partly by a decoration from a friend and the ones in CK's book I got the bug for making tiny felt houses.


In all I made four, but I know I'll be making more for the tree for next year as they were seriously addictive. All sewing stopped late afternoon as we had to get ourselves ready for a pizza date with my man and our mates who were already getting fired up after work in the pub.


By the end of the week it was the first Christmas birthday when my man got a bit older. We went to see the Christmas show at the end of the pier which we love doing each year. This year it nearly didn't happen after the storm tore up half the pier. I booked an afternoon show as the girls were a bit nervous, but it just lacked the same atmosphere as sparkly nightime shows.


Next in the festive round-up we had a visit to Santa planned at the steam museum. We rode the Gallopers, dodged about on the elderly Dodgems and had a great time. Little Bun at 11 still wanted to see the man himself, but at 13 Miss Rosey was deemed too old, although she still knows he's real. We've always told our girls that if you believe in magic it exists. It only goes away when you stop believing.


The day before Christmas eve Little Bun and I had a fabulous bake up of trifle, mince pies, cheese nibbles and chocolate mousse. It was lovely spending time with her just chatting about this and that. 

On Christmas Eve Miss Rosey had our time and made the Butternut Squash Soup, Chestnut Wellington and pate, although the wee cook in the family couldn't help but join in.

Once Grandma appeared that evening we headed off to church. There's something so magical about walking to church with the bells pealing out.


As usual that night the girls couldn't sleep for excitement, but managed to be awake at 6am. How does that happen? Stockings had been filled so fears that they might have been even a tiny bit naughty this year were put to rest.


At breakfast we teased them that we'd wait and open the presents after lunch. When I was young all the washing up had to be done first and it was about 3 o'clock before we opened anything. Suddenly the dining room door swung back against the wall (it's a door that never moves on it's own as it's pretty stiff). Little Bun jumped at that but I told her it was fine. After we cleared the table, Miss Rosey went to the sitting room alone. When we walked past the door my man was in there with the girls and the woodburner fire was lit. I'd laid the fire a few hours back, but not lit it. When I asked no one else had lit it either, my man said he'd walked in assuming I had. Then I had the most intense feeling of buzzing in my head and at the same time my mum said my head feels odd. I called out Happy Christmas Dad. 

This may all sound strange to you, who knows, but this is all very normal to us. Little Bun told me while we were cooking that she believed when you die you can choose to stay with your loved ones or you can move on to continue your spiritual growth. Several times I've sensed my dad with me, heard his advice and so has Little Bun. For some this probably sounds nuts, to others creepy, for us it's comforting and makes sense. 

Anyways lets's get back to normal blogging chat. Here are the two secret makes that I was busy working on for my lovelies.


A Daschund for Miss Rosey and a Deer for Little Bun. They were fiddly, but I really enjoyed making them even though I was stitching late at night as they just won't go to bed early when you want them to.

We've still lots more festive fun to go yet though as there's still another week of holidays, yay. On Sunday I hit my mid-40's, which I've been told is quite near 50 by my lovely man. I reminded him that I've avoided wrinkles so far (which I put down to Irish skin) and don't feel very grown-up as yet so I don't know that 50 will be any different really.

My next post or maybe the one after (depending on when I get on here again) will be just in time to celebrate five years of blogging. I think a giveaway birthday celebration will be in order don't you?

See you soon.

25 comments:

  1. I love the felt houses ......I must make some for my own tree next year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou - I wonder how many you'll make when the bug hits.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful time you have all been having. And how wonderful to feel that your Dad was near you at this time of year. (And yes I do believe in such things always have though as an adult I might question them a little more. At the core of me it makes sense).

    Oh wow I do love those felt little animals you made they are too cute! as my youngest girl would say. And would then immediately ask me to make her one! Are they from a pattern or did you cleverly create them from your mind?

    Well done on nearly five years of blogging I guess I must be getting on for that to in February. How the time flies.

    Hope you have a wonderful birthday and lots of fun.


    P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula

      The animals are from Felt Animals from Japan which I found on Amazon. It's a great book with tons in. I'll try to remember to email you with the details too, although I'm poo for brains these days so apologies in advance if I forget.

      x

      Delete
  3. I feel my Dad is with me, I always says thanks Dad if something nice happens, or hello if there's a noise in the house, even my sons say it's Poppy, if something quirky happens. Maybe it's a Irish thing, anyway it makes sense to me. The little animals are sure to be treasured by the girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aunty Bee
      Thanks for stopping by. I think if you open up your mind then you can hear and see a lot more than if you close off. You're clearly relaxed with it all and have some good visitors.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a magical Christmas :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little felt houses. Happy times x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had the most wonderful christmas
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did Julie, but I don't want it to end just yet. X

      Delete
  7. What a lovely Christmas and your cute little animals are gorgeous do beautifully made. Happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. As we two crusties don't do Christmas as such any more, it is lovely to read about a truly family traditional Christmas like yours. You are building up such wonderful memories for your children which they will always have and cherish.
    And I didn't think the thing about your Dad creepy at all, things like that have happened to me in the past, not with my Dad but my first husband who died at 29 and my mother who was just 50 when she died in the 1970s also. But I love how Little Bun described it all.... Happy New Year to you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edwina I wouldn't have thought you were a crusty at all. Glad you enjoyed reading. I too hope that they will cherish the memories of their childhood as we've worked hard at keeping it a childhood for as long as we can without stunting them. Interesting to hear that you have visitors too and embrace it.
      Happy New Year to you x

      Delete
  9. wow i adore this, sewing, trips out, telling children if they believe it's real...you and me so on the same page there....and then your dad visiting, that is amazing! have a wonderful new year my lovely, you blog had been an utter delight to find this year, i feel very blessed xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have quite a few similarities my lovely. So very kind of you to say that about finding my wee space in blogworld, thankyou that means a lot.
      X

      Delete
  10. For years after my Grandma Eva died I used to smell her sometimes ... a mix of old face powder, lavender water, shoe polish and moth balls ... it was as if she had just walked into the room.

    Wishing you and yours a wonderful 2014 Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your felty creations, the houses are beautiful. Enjoy this wonderful time with your family. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely that you felt your Dad. I often feel my Nan, Bampy (grandad) and dogs around me protecting me and advising me. It is such a feeling of warmth and security. I love Little Bun's theory that our loved ones can choose to stay with us or pursue a further spiritual path. Enjoy the next week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feeling quite choked, Lisa reading about your 'strange' experiences. I quite believe you, and love the idea of you feeling comforted by your dad's presence. What a lovely Christmas gift to you all. Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful Christmas you have had! Some lovely times and lovely memories. I hope that 2014 is a wonderful year for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday - just in time! Hope you've had a wonderful day. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the

    obat penyubur sperma pria agar cepat hamil tradisional,obat penghilang varises di kaki tradisional,pengobatan untuk sembuhkan parkinson,cara alami menyembuhkan efusi pleura,obat penghilang luka bakar di wajah tradisional,cara efektif meninggikan badan dalam waktu singkat,obat penghilang kista bartholin tradisional,pengobatan untuk sembuhkan usus buntu,obat penghilang benjolan di leher tradisional,pengobatan untuk sembuhkan maag kronis,obat pereda nyeri persendian tradisional,glucobeyy dan glucocoa asli,obat penghancur lemak di perut tradisional,pengobatan tradisional emfisema paru,obat poereda sakit kepala sebelah tradisional,cara mengobati penyakit ankilosis,cara mengatasi mata lelah akibat komputer,cara mengatasi kulit hipersensitif,pengobatan tradisional retinitis pigmentosa,pengobatan tradisional mata juling,pengobatan untuk mengurangi mata minus,cara cepat mengatasi trigliserida tinggi,cara mengobati selulitis orbitalis,pengobatan tradisional wasir (ambeien),obat pereda nyeri pinggang tradisional,pengobatan tradisional luka gangren,cara mengobati penyakit skleritis,pengobatan tradisional retinopati diabetik,pengobatan kanker rongga mulut,cara mengobati ginjal mengkerut,cara mengatasi pengelihatan lemah dan kabur,cara mengobati infeksi di mulut rahim,cara mengobati tumor di telinga luar,cara mengatasi telinga terus berdengung,cara mengatasi nyeri leher dan bahu,cara alami menyembuhkan hipertiroid,cara mengobati syaraf kejepit di punggung,cara mengobati gula basah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...