Pages

Monday 30 December 2013

Older Still

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday and miraculously don't feel any different being a year older. 
The girls jumped into our bed carrying cards and gifts to add to the ones from my love.

I had all manner of daft and sweet things including a bag with two pugs on. 

When I felt a small squelchy parcel Little Bun squealed. Neither her nor Miss Rosey were too keen on the wee boy's head wrapped in the paper.


My man fell for him hook line and sinker when he found him and knew I would love him too. I'm not exactly sure what he would have been used for, but I'm guessing he would have been some kind of 1930's shop display. Now he'll live amongst all the other dollies and creatures in our room. If you have any idea what he might have been used for I'd love to hear.


The girls gave me hand cream, a douggie dog pen and a critter for my pencil amongst other bits and bobs.

I also have some beautiful Polish postcards to frame.


A new to me piece of pyrex and two beautiful tins. Little Bun found the anenomes for me, knowing I'd love it. These ones are so hard to find so I'm thrilled.


We headed off early after breakfast to the small picture house to catch the last showing of Saving Mr Banks. The seats are so squishy and comfy, but it was freezing so we headed to the nearest bookshop afterwards to warm up. Temptations of two books were hard to resist. My man found one about eccentric houses which includes pictures of Julie Arkell's home and I bought a copy of War Poetry which I'd been reading in there months back.

Warmed up we headed off to meet my mum for lunch at an Italian restaurant. 
Once our tums were full we had a quick stroll to the Cathedral and lit a candle for our loved ones.  

At home I'd asked for a sandwich, crisps, cheese and pineapple on sticks and cake kind of a tea. I cosied up with my knitting while they laid the table. We munched our goodies, pulled the leftover crackers and played daft games. A perfect birthday indeed.


Once the tea party was over it was time to snuggle up with Miss Marple and the sweetie tin - Bliss. 

18 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday, sure looks like you had a super day!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you - what a wonderful day you had
    Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! You had a wonderful day by the looks and sounds of things! Hope that you have a great New Year too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day you had and the presents sound like the best! Glad you had a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you. It sounds like the perfect kind of day. It was my birthday the day before yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs Bobo that is bliss indeed and made me smile just to read it....never grow up is the rule by which i live my life,
    so bestest belated to you!
    Daisy
    Ps are you by any chance attending the amazing Mrs Bertimus' work shop at hope and elvis in April?
    .....because I am! ...just wondering.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday! It sounds like a perfect day, just the kind of birthday I love too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy Birthday. Looks like you had a lovely day. How about sewing a soft body to attach to your boy's head and turn him into a proper dolly you could make vintage clothes for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday ... what a lovely day you had ... the little boy is lovely ... I would have to give him a home too ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, what a lovely day you had.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you a very happy birthday for yesterday Lisa, sounds like you had a fabulous day full of all the love and sweet thoughtful presents you so deserve. I love you're Polish postcards and your little boy is gorgeous, soon a wee museum might be opening at yours ;o) sending lots of love and we'll wishes for the new year, may it be a healthy and very happy one for you and ll your family xxx Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a lovely birthday and wishing you a happy new year. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday and happy new year..
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated happy birthday! I like all your lovely presents--that little boy's face is so sweet!
    Marion x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated Happy Birthday wishes. Looks like you had a great day. December is a wonderful month for a birthday :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the

    obat penyumbatan tuba falopi tradisional,pengobatan tradisional radang usus buntu,cara menjaga kolesterol tubuh agar tetap stabil,bahaya penyakit radang panggul,bahaya penyakit mani encer,cara menurunkan ldl dan menaikan hdl,cara menyembuhkan perlemakan hati,cara cepat menurunkan berat badan setelah melahirkan,cara alami agar rambut hitam dan berkilau,cara alami menyembuhkan campak,cara cepat menurunkan kolesterol dan trigliserida,cara menyembuhkan gatal pada selangkangan,cara alami mengobati keputihan abnormal,pengobatan herbal penyakit parkinson,obat kista tiroid tanpa operasi,obat penyempitan tulang belakang herbal,obat kebas tradisional,obat hemangioma tradisional,cara menyembuhkan benjolan di kelopak mata,obat tbc tradisional,cara menyembuhkan syaraf kejepit di leher,obat pembersih flek paru-paru tradisional,pengobatan untuk sembuhkan mata glaukoma,pengobatan untuk sembuhkan rahim kering,obat pengering luka diabetes tradisional,obat penyubur rahim agar cepat hamil tradisional,pengobatan untuk sembuhkan turun berok,pengobatan untuk sembuhkan epilepsi,obat penghancur lemak dalam darah,obat pencegah tulang keropos tradisional,obat penghilang bekas koreng tradisional,obat pereda kolesterol tinggi tradisional,obat pereda nyeri ambeien tradisional,obat pereda asam urat tradisional,pengobatan tradisional kanker endometrium,pengobatan tradisional tumor mamae,cara menghilangkan kadas dan kurap,pengobatan tradisional kanker kelenjar getah bening (limfoma)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...