Pages

Wednesday 28 October 2009

Nasty Bug & Organised Bug

Ever since half-term began I've been fighting off the all over achey, coldy, lurgy thing. Yesterday we had a home day and as Mr Bun chose to work from home that day, it meant all meals were sorted by him and I could just be (apart from attacking all the nasty horrible ironing). At first I did inanely dull, but low energy stuff like organising the tangled web of coloured threads in my sewing tin.


Now these last few threads have been sorted I do look at them and think how nice they look - all tidy and ready. That's just not me really though, so I know there will be new threads that will make their own tangle soon.


Then I curled up to watch a movie with the Bun's who were having a cosy day too (they now have the lurgy aswell). I've been wanting to make these hearts for a while now. I can see a garland with Bobo Bun spelt out to hang over my stall. Then of course there are two girls who have been asking ever so nicely. I'm not sure I really like the colours, but it was a case of using up the cotton I have left.



While Mr Bun whipped up a tasty casserole for our evening meal, I pulled out last years stockings. Now the more I look at them I think I like them, but I don't go mad about them. I definately need to change the designs somewhat and move on to something else. The main problem is I don't know what as yet and there's oh - only four weeks before the next fair. Tons of time.


One year soon I must get my head around christmas in the summer as I prefer to be making the Bun's their presents now. How wonderful that would be to know all stock was made and lined up ready to go.


Now I can hear the kettle calling me to make hot chocolates all round., then I think a bit more flaking on the sofa is required.

Hope you've escaped the nasties.

17 comments:

  1. I know only too well that being ill is no fun, so how come you make it sound like something we'd all like to do now and then????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been unwell, wishing you all speedy recoveries

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot of bugs going around at the mo.Always seem to come at half-term.Hope you feel better soon.


    Bellaboo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the heart bunting idea, how fab. Hope you are feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flaking on the sofa with hot chocolates sounds like a fab plan - with marshmellows, whipped cream and a flake 'yyyuuuumm' and maybe a nip of something for that bug!!

    Hope your feeling better soon,

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hearts, they'd make great little pot holders...
    hope you're feeling better soon. I swear by hot lemon, honey and fresh grated ginger with a healthy slug of whiskey, and sometimes I'm not even poorly!
    Have a great week, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you aren't feeling well. Looks like you're doing all the right things, though . . . including letting the hubby pamper you. Love stockings, hearts, too! Feel better soon, Hon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to comment to laugh and agree with pinkfairygran above! So true! Things always sound so sweet and cozy in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the dreaded lurgy is doing the rounds this half term! hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely those hearts are. I am so envious of everyone having the time to make things. Since redecorating the house began all my craft things have been packed away. I miss it but simply do not have the time at the moment or the space until my work room has been completed!
    I hope that you feel much better soon!
    Take care
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're feeling better soon, lots of bugs going around at the moment. 4 weeks til your fair?? lucky you, only 8 days til mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear you're not well - hope you all feel better soon. I like the idea of using those pretty hearts for a garland for your stall! I'm never organised enough with the Christmas stock here either...stockings, puddings, reindeers all underway now with only the slightest feeling of panic! Take care, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you're feeling better very soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I like so much when a find, in a blog, some reference to Christmas.
    Alfazema

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you feel better soon - lots of sitting quietly on the sofa (with plenty of medicinal chococlate) is in order, I think.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have escaped lurgy-itis thus far, I just know we are going to pay for it with the super strength version sometime very soon, though I will probably just come and visit your lovely blog to ease away the suffering:))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi SweetiePie. Feeling any better? I have an award for you over at my blog, so please come by and pick it up when you feel up to it. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...