Pages

Monday 31 January 2011

I Can Fly

With the wheels a whirring to organise this years Pick 'n' Mix Makers Markets, my heads been buzzing with all sorts of ideas. Next up on my list of to do's was postcard and poster designs. I knew exactly what I wanted, but failed at the first hurdle of techie wizardy to make my designs become real things. Then I thought of the fabulous Jane of Teawagontales who had mentioned her graphics background. I also knew she liked a lot of the same stuff as me, so I reckoned she'd get exactly what I was after.  I was thrilled when she said she'd love to design the cards for me.

When I got home tonight the designs we'd discussed were there and waiting for me to download. I can't tell you how excited I was. I'm only going to show you the summer one for now, even though the christmas design will be going on the back of the postcards.
Are you ready?

Isn't it gorgeous. I'm over the moon. I told Jane I had in my head the pictures from a story I loved when I was little of a girl who mimicks chickens, fish and owls. I couldn't find my book and didn't know who the artist was. The very next day she'd come up with the exact book I was thinking of.  I'd loved Mary Blair's illustrations for I Can Fly and now love Jane's interpretation. Not only that, but Jane has exactly captured what I had in my head for the christmas postcards and I love them too. 

Now if it wasn't for this community I wouldn't get to know about the amazing talented people out there and I'd miss out on the collaboration and sharing of our skills.

12 comments:

  1. Love the card. The font you use looks fab with the graphics. How lovely to have such creative post arrive.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome... blimey I wish I was a bit closer, if the poster's anything to go by it'll rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great poster, well done Jane!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. My mum lives near Holt so I will certain recommend she goes along in June. Wish I lived closer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That postcard would definitely entice me in but sadly I live too far away.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that design, so great. I wish I lived closer to that fab market, we don't really have anything like that round here :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful creative connection you discovered there through blogging! I found that story really heartwarming. And the artwork is amazing, no wonder you were thrilled. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that looks fabulous Mrs B - perfectly you.

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I just wish I lived closer.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab. Get it enlarged and what fantastic art for the wall. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...