Pages

Friday 28 January 2011

It's Really Quite Simple

It doesn't take a lot to make me happy, simple pleasures for me. That's not to say something a bit more luxurious wouldn't go down well too.

I love a rummage through others cast offs. So I was really pleased when I had enough time for a quick dash round some charity shops on the way to a meeting yesterday. When I saw this vase and the price on it I already had it marked up and on my to be sold pile before I got to the till. 


The only problem is I love blue glass and I've already imagined how gorgeous yellow and orange aruncula's will look it. That's back in the staying put pile then.

In the next shop I found these yellow Meakin and Johnson Brothers dishes. Bitterly cold icy wind and all these bright colours to cheer me up. They're staying too.

I also popped in these red spot bun cases as iced fairy cakes are an essential part of our weekend. 

Today I found these four beauties waiting in the hen house. No one had remembered to collect them yesterday so double the pleasure today. If you have hens you'll know what I'm talking about when I say I feel excited each time I collect another egg and plan the baking I'll do with it. Ten eggs in the basket, so dippy eggs for breakfast or pancakes followed by lots of fairy cakes through the day, perfect.


This weekend I'll be finishing off my round and round cushions with flowers, pads and fabric backs.  I did make this knicker pink and poppy red one to sell, but ... here's the thing. I noticed how it looked just right by the other cushions and then that went into the staying pile. 


Now if I can also ignore the less than simple pleasure of the huge heap of ironing, finishing my tax return and cleaning out the animals I might be able to play with these fabrics I've got plans for. 


Let's hope so. I always start off by getting the nasty jobs out of the way and then run out of time for the lovely pleasures. Tommorow I must be strong and remember it's quite simple really to ignore all that other stuff.

Wishing you all a very lovely weekend of simply doing what you fancy.

13 comments:

  1. HaHa! Miss Bun, you're shopping like I shop now . . . 1 for them, 2 for me . . . 1 for them, 2 for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor, what a drool worthy post. I love the blue vase, it's such a great colour. I also love your radio.
    Your pile of fabric is fabulous! I'm always on the lookout for vintage fabrics but am rarely lucky. I think someone round here is getting in there before me.
    I hope you have a great weekend.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, fabric and fairy cakes are a much better idea than ironing and tax returns!!!
    Have a great weekend, Lisa. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know what you mean about the eggs. Every day its still a delight when I see an egg or two there. A little miracle every day. What other pet does that !?
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the blue vase, isn't it gorgeous, no wonder you are keeping it. Great fabric pile. Oh guess what I actually DID the ironing today - :-)

    Have a lovely weekend, enjoy your cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue vase. Jealous of your fabric pile, they look utterly gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing more of your makes. Btw, the hexagon flower patch in a previous post, is pure genius.

    Love from your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blue vase is lovely, good find.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why you're keeping that cushion :) Have a lovely weekend love from Jane x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely things in this post! I loved the vase and the dotty cake cases, and the gorgeous fabrics. Have a great weekend! Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is amazing how our moods can be lifted by the simplest pleasures.
    enjoy your fairy cake filled weekend.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful blue vase and sunshine plates, really loveyour cushion too. I am having a day of pure indulgence as I have thewhole afternoon t myself for pottering and probably buying a bit like you do too! Have fun baking with thelittle buns and all those superb eggs xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. oohhh love those fabrics that yellow, orange flower one is calling out to me ;-)What will you make with them? That blue vase is beautiful i couldn't part with that either. I love your cushions, did you make the flower square one yourself? i love the design and the use of flower fabrics on it. enjoy your eggs ;-)) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely bright photos there :-) I know what you mean about the eggs, how can it still be exciting after years of collecting eggs? For some reason it is :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...