Pages

Monday 17 January 2011

We Know How to Live

An old fashioned jolly was needed this weekend, so we planned a family birthday tea party, just without the birthday.


We had balloons, played pass the parcel, bingo with prizes and pin the tail on the donkey. It was a tasty tea - my favourite cheese and pineapple on sticks washed down with dolly mixtures. I love party teas and how cakes and sandwiches can all be eaten at the same time. I failed miserably to get the rabbit jelly out whole. It just plopped in a mess on the plate.  Little Bun named it roadkill jelly,  it tasted good all the same.


Now I'm slightly more bendy, today had to be a catch up on jobs that needed bendiness. I banished those grey hairs and cleaned out the hens and rabbits who were desperate for fresh straw and cuddles. 


This evenings treat (apart from a very lovely Rufus Sewell in Zen and a Creme Egg) has been a flick through The Gentle Art of Quiltmaking by Jane Brocket. I'd not found a quilt book that worked for me before I got this. I really needed (or was it just wanted) a quilt book so I could work out how to do it all properly. Not just carry on in my usual get in there and have a go way. I've already picked up quite a few good tips and have plans a buzzing to cover our beds with glorious things. 

Now talking of bed I think that's where I should be if I'm to keep my promise not to oversleep for a change. I really am not an early morning girl.

17 comments:

  1. awww i love that idea of having a birthday tea party but with no birthday how cute is that ;-)) My little lad would love that i may have steal that idea for myself ;-) Have a lovely week, Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea! I do like the positive(tho gruesome spin) put on the collapsed jelly! Hope your back continues to improve, Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely - i must do that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. always lovely to have a treat without a reason just because you do ;0)x Your blog is sooo uplifting light and pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to spend an afternoon! I've been toying over that book via Amazon and have had it on my wish list for ages. I don't normally have the patience with lengthly instructions so have always been put off purchasing quilting books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh,I love a tea party,and who needs a birthday to enjoy one anyway! I've been wanting to quilt for ages ,but thought I wouldn't have the patience..it looks so fiddly,but maybe this is the year I should give it a go!
    Hope you have a good week and your back gets better soon. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling a bit more bendy! A tea party sounds like just the thing to lift you on a grotty January day. Glad the roadkill tasted great! he he!

    Happy days!

    Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just right to treat yourselves! Glad the back is on the mend. :)
    Looking forward to seeing all the beautiful quilts.
    Love the knitting needles!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a perfect way to banish those winter blues! Who doesn't love a tea party! Good idea!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that idea, you can't beat a good ol' fashioned tea party, Glad to hear you're on the mend :)Have a fab week
    Jane x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good way to brighten up January.
    my glass rabbit jelly never came out, there must be an art to it :)
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was my birthday yesterday so I had a real party with my duaghter /sil/oh and my 2 granddaughters(see my blog).We had pineapple and cheese on sticks,party food,birthday cake,balloons,poppers,pass the parcel and a great time was had by all,especially me!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea - a birthday tea not on a birthday! My rabbit jellies always did that too! Hope you are feeling fully bendy again, and have a good week. Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your party sounded lovely! I wish we could all come! I can never get my jelly out unbroken!
    How is your back now? Fingers crossed you're feeling better,and the flood? Hope everything is on the mend!
    I don't think I want to face facts, I'm quite happy being a dreamer!
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the tea party idea, my youngest (although he is 14) keeps begging for one on a Sunday tea-time. I may give in now I've seen how wonderful yours looked!! Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  16. ah the roadkill jelly, yep, we had one of those at Roo's b'day party in Sept! Didn't help that we put it on green jelly with smears of orange! That stuff totally doesn't come out the mold like its supposed to does it?! Jacs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...