Pages

Sunday 28 October 2012

A Jolly Good Haul

After many weeks of a lack of proper treasure hunting Little Vintage Lover Fair came to town. If I have a pitch I get to have a good look while everyone's setting up, if I go as a punter then I get to have a lesiurely stroll around. We all went this time which meant lots of eyes to spy where the goodies were. Admittedly there were a lot more than I could bring home as I had to stop opening my purse at some point.


Little Bun found this sweet tin with animals dancing around the base which I adore. The cowboy print was part of a bundle of scraps that I collected up. I'll show you those in a wee while.


On the top is a young magician surrounded by a gnomey cloth that I thought could come out at Christmas time.

After half-term Little Bun is going on an evacuee day adventure and needs to dress appropriately. Sadly she's outgrown all the clothes that would be perfect and so I've handed them on to a friend and we have to find and make our own in the true spirit of the times. Miss Rosey found the most perfect cardigan for her, made even more adorable by the felt and embroidered flowers. An idea I think I'll be borrowing.


Once all that shopping was done I started adding to my fabric stash. I collected up a 70's sheet, a barkcloth blossom curtain and then found packets of delicious offcuts from the 30's to the 50's.




I've been thinking of making my mum a lap quilt for Christmas and knew the lilac and black liberty prints would be a great place to start planning the quilt around. I think I'll add the 50's orange and yellow rose print in too as they look so good together. 

Miss Rosey rescued a bear who she quickly named Chive.  Little Bun has a bear called Parsley also lost and then found again so I think they might get on.


Daffodily yellow spots couldn't be resisted either. I'm really getting a thing about yellow at the moment. Two squished but pretty chinese lanterns came away with us as did another wee wee boy doll and one of Austrian persuasion in tight lederhosen.


All in all a very exciting haul. I caught up with friends and chatted here and there before we headed off to get our theatre tickets for Little Bun's first ever dance performance in Dick Whittington.

24 comments:

  1. Yummy goodies Lisa, a feast for the eyes! Some of that fabric is so scrummy! I always love your posts and always have to look at each picture several times, there's always some little treasure I've missed! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy the eye feast Ada. Thanks for your lovely support as always.

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa,love Miss Roseys find of Chive the bear,adorable. Also love the tin ,fabrics and Miss Roseys new cardigan :) love julieXxXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treasure hunting just hits the spot for me Julie. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Amazing treasures! Love that gnomey cloth. I got a couple of lovely tins last weekend which I've just photographed on the pink fridge for the last time... it's sold and been replaced by a cream big brother!
    Have a good half term
    ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm alone with our pink fridge. Have to see what it's replaced by.

      Delete
  4. Excellent finds... fab material and a great idea to keep your mother nice and cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh fabulous goodies! I AdOrE the cardigan, so so pretty!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fabulousness in one post, I love everything.
    I'm the same at the moment with yellow, I'm just deciding which shade my kitchen cupboard and tea trolley should be painted in, I have never in my life been drawn to yellow before but I'm running with it!
    The cardigan is sooooo pretty, ( I am partial to a cardi!) I can see my threads/felt coming out sometime very soon.
    enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What brilliant finds ... I get a little jealous of the great vintage fairs in England ... we have to travel miles here and maybe not find anything good ... love your new fabrics and the little yellow cup ... Bee xx

    PS the cardigan is lovely with the little flower addition ... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a jolly good haul. Love the pretty embroidery detail on the cardigan. I have a number of plain cardigans that I've been thinking about altering. Might be stealing that idea on one of them. I wish we had more decent fairs like that where we live. Especially one with such good fabric finds. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cardigan is lovely with those little flowers and I love the fabric - great finds.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow definitely a great haul. Loving the yellow and white polka dot trio and the tin are gorgeous so is all your lovely fabric. And the little bear is adorable. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful treasures! The cardigan is delightful and I particularly love the cushion with red and yellow roses behind Chive. This seems to strike a chord with me ... That fabric belongs somewhere in my dim and distant past, I think!

    Hope you're having a lovely Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh what goodies! Love the little cardi. You know, I've started to like yellow too and it's always been a colour I didn't like. Adaptable, eh?! Hope you enjoy half term.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely fabrics and tin! I'm so jealous of you, having vintage fairs in your town. They are very few and far between around here sadly :( I may be copying that idea for embellishing a plain cardigan too! Mrs RV x

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) loved seeing you all and so pleased you liked my treasures ! X Emmie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many pretty things, and the cardigan is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another pretty and lovely post. I have missed them over the past few months as I have been very slack but here I am again. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great fabric haul, my favourite is the cowboy print! Good luck little bun. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that fabric - quite, quite wonderful - a great haul indeed.
    Lovely colours in your crochet too!
    Enchanting cardi
    All lovely
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I read all of them and really appreciate you taking the time to say hello.
I always try to get back and reply, but sometimes this may take a bit longer as pets and children always seem to need attention around here.

Bobo X

Me Made May 2018

This month I'm taking part in Me Made May, hosted by Zoe of  Sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.com .  Oh and if you head on over to her blog y...